The 2020 Sweetener Systems Post Conference Magazine is a summary of key points from speakers who made recordings of presentations that had been scheduled for the 2020 in-person event.
Please click on the Download Button at the bottom right of this page.
Table of Contents:
- Retooling for the New Sweetener Influencers
— A. Elizabeth Sloan, Ph.D., President, Sloan Trends, Inc.
Ingredient and sweetened product factors influence consumer opinions and choices.
- Update on Added Sugar Labeling: News, Nuances and Needs
— Lauren Swann, MSc, RD, LDN, CEO, President, Concept Nutrition, Inc.
Taking a look at finalized FDA added sugar label rulings.
- From Amazake to Acid Blockers: Culinary Strategies for Enhancing Sweetness
— Allison Rittman, C.R.C., Culinary Culture
Investigating emerging sweeteners not yet mainstream.
- Genetics, Sweet Preference and Short Sleep: Important Players in Food Choice?
— Robin M. Tucker, Ph.D., RD, FAND, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Michigan State University
Unsuspected factors in sweetness perception and food preference.
- Recent Research on Clean Label Sweetness Modulators: Theory & Practicalities
—Alex Woo, Ph.D., CEO and Founder, W2O Food Innovation
Advice on use of clean label modulators with high-potency sweeteners.
- Breakthrough Technology Dramatically Improves Sweetener Tastes
— Grant E. DuBois, Ph.D., Consultant, Sweetness Technologies, LLC
Physiological mechanisms of taste perception and a new, patented technology.
- Sugar in Dairy Foods: Its Role, Replacement & Impact on Sensory Attributes
— MaryAnne Drake, Ph.D., Sensory Analysis and Flavor Chemistry, North Carolina State University
Sweeteners in dairy and protein bars and consumer perception and preference.
- New Kids on the Block: From Allulose to Tagatose, Properties & Performance in Sugar Replacement
— Melanie Goulson, MSc, General Manager, Merlin Development
Tagatose, allulose, erythritol and sucrose: comparing taste and functionality in applications
- Solving the Puzzle: Sugar Reduction Strategies
— Catalin Moraru, Ph.D., Technical Manager, Product Development, The National Food Lab, Inc.
A summary of strategies for reducing sugar.