What information do we collect?
Many of our web pages use “cookies”. Cookies are a feature of browser software that allows servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are files that are automatically placed in your computer to store your preferences or identifying information. Once you register with our website, this information is stored in a cookie. Cookies help features such as logins by recognizing you when you come to the website. Cookies enhance your online experience.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard data and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. We have a firewall to prevent unauthorized access from third parties; all data and web servers are stored in secure facilities that can be accessed only by authorized personnel; all credit card transactions occur in a secure, third party, encrypted SSL environment and are not stored on our servers or in log files. You acknowledge that no electronic storage method or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Federal and State Laws
When using this website, on the website, or in any other media selected by you, you must obey all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The website was created and will be operated in the United States. Any use of this website that violates any applicable laws will be grounds for discontinuing your rights to access the website.
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: [8/29/2020]
Last Reviewed on: [8/29/2020]
This Privacy Notice for California Residents applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, Global Food Forums may have collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Personal Information categories listed in California Customer Records statute
(Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e))
- Commercial Information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Geolocation Data
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to subscribe to a magazine or new letter, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry or to provide the requested product. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Global Food Forums’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or
similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Global Food Forums about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
Global Food Forums will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
Global Food Forums may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. We share your personal information, as listed above, with third parties including advertisers and/or service providers.
Residents of California may request that Global Food Forums does not share their information with third parties by submitting the following request:
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that Global Food Forums disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of
recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information
categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Global Food Forums delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-630-621-0230.
- Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Global Food Forums collects and uses your information and/or your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, contact us at:
Notice to Utah Residents
Except as expressly identified herein, we do not disclose a user’s personal data to any third party for such third party’s direct marketing purposes.
Notice to Europe Economic Area Residents
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), your Personal Data is protected under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). When you access our content, in both print and online, we may collect, process or handle your Personal Data. Personal Data may include your name, email address, address including state and country, title, company, phone number, fax number, and cookies. If you choose not to provide any of the required Personal Data, you will not be able to become a registered user, subscriber, or customer.
If you are a customer, we may also collect credit card information that will be processed by a third-party processor.
With your consent, we will use your Personal Data to allow access to our content, personalize your visits to our website by suggesting content based on prior visits, and to send you content. If you consent, we will send you newsletters, magazines, and other information about our industry.
You may also consent to allow us to share your Personal Data with selected third-party business sponsors who may send information or offers about their companies or products.
After you consent, you may opt out at any time.
When we process Personal Data, we implement appropriate technical measures and safeguards to ensure the level of security of Personal Data is appropriate to the level of risk and to help ensure the protection of the rights of the data subject. If you have technical questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Global Food Forums requires that the people it authorizes to process Personal Data are under appropriate obligations of confidentiality. For some of our processes, we use external data processors. We require that each data processor that may have access to Personal Data provides at least the same level of protection as is described in this Policy. To the extent required by law, we remain liable for any actions by the data processor that impacts any rights guaranteed under the GDPR. If you would like further information about the service providers that we use from time to time to process Personal Data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Food Forums will cooperate with all reasonable requests (at the requestor’s reasonable expense, if applicable) to access, modify, rectify, or remove Personal Data.
In the event of a Personal Data breach under the GDPR, Global Food Forums will notify its applicable users without undue delay after becoming aware of the breach. Such notification(s) may be delivered to an email address or a physical address. You are responsible for ensuring that any email or physical address you provide to us is current and valid.
Global Food Forums is located in the United States of America. Therefore, when you give us your Personal Data, you are sending it outside of the EEA.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Legally Compelled Disclosure
We may disclose information when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Links and Banner Advertisements
Child Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Compliance
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C., §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R., §§ 312.1-312.12, the website does not permit children under 13 years of age to become users, and we do not intentionally collect information from children. By using the website, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
The contents of GlobalFoodForums.com are intended for your personal, noncommercial use. Content published on GlobalFoodForums.com, including, but not limited to articles, charts, tables, data, photographs, images, illustrations, slideshows, audio clips and video clips, etc. (“Content”) are protected by copy right and owned or controlled by Global Food Forums or the party credited as the provider of the Content. You shall abide by all additional copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the website.
Content is protected by copyright pursuant to U.S. and international copyright laws. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create new works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit, any of the Content or the website (including software) in whole or in part.
You may download or copy the Content and other downloadable items displayed on the website for personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein. Copying or storing of any Content for other than personal use is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from Sosland or the copyright holder identified as the provider of the Content.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SUBSCRIPTIONS OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS INCLUDES ANY LISTING OF ANY THIRD-PARTY GOODS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS INCLUDED IN THE WEBSITE. ANY THIRD-PARTY GOODS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE SUPPLIED AS A CONVENIENCE TO YOU AND LISTING DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP, AFFILIATION, PARTNERSHIP, OR ENDORSEMENT. GLOBAL FOOD FORUMS DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES TO THE
FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE LIABILITY OF GLOBAL FOOD FORUMS WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF THE WEBSITE SHALL NOT EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE, THE NET TOTAL COST (EXCLUDING TAXES) FOR SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUBSCRIPTIONS PURCHASED BY YOU AND PAID TO GLOBAL FOOD FORUMS.
IN NO EVENT WILL EITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON THE USER’S INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF GLOBAL FOOD FORUMS IS EXPRESSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Because public networks, such as the internet, occasionally experience disruptions, Global Food Forums cannot guarantee the website will be available 100% of the time. Although Global Food Forums strives to provide the most reliable website possible, interruptions and delays in accessing the website are unavoidable and Global Food Forums disclaims any liability for damages resulting from such problems.
Controlling Law and Venue
It is understood and agreed that all the construction and interpretation of this Agreement and the relationship between the parties shall at all times and in all respects be governed by the internal laws of Illinois, without giving effect to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Venue of any action brought to enforce or relating to this Agreement or arising out of the relationship between the parties shall be brought exclusively in Kane County, Illinois District Court or the United States District Court.
You may terminate your account at any time by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Food Forums, Inc.
P.O. Box 686, Farmington
CT, 06034 USA